Is Framingham MA a good place to live?
Framingham is often considered one of the best places to live in Massachusetts. It has a population of approximately 75,000 people and is located just 20 miles west of Boston. The town offers a unique mix of urban and suburban living, with a thriving downtown area and plenty of open spaces.
Additionally, Framingham boasts a diverse community, with residents from all walks of life. This makes it an excellent place for families, young professionals, and retirees alike. Furthermore, Framingham's school system is highly regarded, with several award-winning schools.
What is the Real Estate Tax Rate in Framingham MA?
One of the most important factors to consider when looking for home for sale in Framingham is the town's real estate tax rate. Currently, the tax rate is $15.55 per $1,000 of assessed value. This is slightly higher than the state average, which is around $14 per $1,000 of assessed value.
However, it's worth noting that Framingham's tax rate is still competitive compared to other towns in the area. Additionally, the town offers a range of exemptions and abatements for eligible homeowners, which can help lower the overall tax burden.
What is Framingham Massachusetts Famous For?
Framingham is famous for several landmarks and attractions. One of the town's most well-known landmarks is the Framingham State University, a public university that was founded in 1839. The university is known for its excellent academic programs and beautiful campus, which features several historic buildings.
Another famous attraction in Framingham is the Garden in the Woods, a 45-acre botanical garden that showcases native New England plants. Additionally, Framingham is home to several historic sites, including the Old Village Hall and the Edgell Memorial Library.
Is Framingham a Suburb?
Yes, Framingham is a suburb of Boston. While it offers many urban amenities, such as a bustling downtown and excellent public transportation, it is still considered a suburban town. This makes it an ideal choice for those who want to live close to the city but prefer a quieter, more residential lifestyle. Purchasing a home here is a wise decision for those wanting access to Boston without the hustle and bustle of a big city.
Homes for Sale in Framingham, MA
Now that we've covered some of the basics about Framingham, let's dive into the town's real estate market. Framingham has a wide range of homes for sale, from cozy starter homes to luxurious estates.
The town's real estate market is competitive, with a median home price of around $603,000. However, there are still plenty of affordable options available for those on a budget looking to purchase a home in Middlesex County.
Types of Homes for Sale in Framingham, MA
Framingham offers a diverse range of housing options to suit any lifestyle. Some of the most popular types of homes for sale in Framingham include:
- Single-family homes: These are the most common type of home in Framingham, with a range of sizes and styles available.
- Condos: Condos are a popular choice for those who want a low-maintenance lifestyle or are looking for a more affordable option.
- Townhouses: Townhouses offer a good balance between the space of a single-family home and the low-maintenance lifestyle of a condo.
- Multi-family homes: Multi-family homes are a good choice for those who want to invest in rental properties or who want to live in one unit and rent out the others.
Neighborhoods in Framingham, MA
Framingham has several distinct neighborhoods, each with its own character and amenities. Some of the most popular neighborhoods in Framingham include:
- Downtown: The downtown area offers a range of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. It's also home to several historic buildings and landmarks.
- Nobscot: Nobscot is a residential neighborhood located in the northwest corner of Framingham. It offers a mix of single-family homes and condos and is known for its excellent schools and parks.
- Saxonville: Saxonville is a historic neighborhood located in the southeast corner of Framingham. It's known for its charming architecture and proximity to the Sudbury River.
- North Framingham: North Framingham is a predominantly residential neighborhood located in the northern part of town. It's home to several parks and recreational areas.
Tips for Buying a Home in Framingham, MA
If you're interested in Framingham real estate, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Work with a local real estate agent who has experience in the Framingham market.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage before you start shopping for a home.
- Consider the location of the home and its proximity to amenities like schools, parks, and public transportation.
- Attend open houses and schedule private showings to get a feel for different properties.
- Be prepared to make an offer quickly, as the Framingham real estate market can be competitive.
Framingham, MA, is an excellent choice for those looking for a new home in Massachusetts. With its vibrant downtown, excellent schools, and diverse range of homes for sale, it's no wonder that this town is a popular destination for homebuyers.
Whether you're looking for a cozy bungalow or a spacious mansion, you're sure to find something to suit your needs in Framingham.