Medford is a picturesque city located in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, just a few miles from Boston. It has a population of over 60,000 people and covers an area of 8.6 square miles. The city has a rich history that dates back to the colonial era, with many historic landmarks and buildings still standing today.
Real Estate Market in Medford, MA
The real estate market in Medford, MA is highly competitive, with a median home value of $761,000. However, the market is also highly diverse, with a variety of homes available in different styles and price ranges. Whether you are looking for a modern condo or a historic Victorian, you are sure to find something that fits your needs and budget.
Homes for Sale in Medford, MA
If you are looking for homes for sale in Medford, MA, you have a lot of options to choose from. Some of the most popular styles of homes in Medford include:
- Single-family homes: These homes are the most common type of housing in Medford and are available in a variety of sizes and styles.
- Condos: Condos are a great option for those who want the convenience of apartment living with the ownership benefits of a home.
- Multi-family homes: Multi-family homes are a good choice for those who want to invest in rental property or who want to live in one unit and rent out the others.
Top Neighborhoods in Medford, MA
Medford homes for sale can be found in a variety of neighborhoods, each with its own unique character and charm. Some of the most popular neighborhoods in Medford include:
- West Medford: This neighborhood is known for its historic homes and tree-lined streets.
- South Medford: South Medford is a vibrant neighborhood with a mix of single-family homes and condos.
- North Medford: North Medford is a quiet and peaceful neighborhood with a lot of green space.
Why Choose Medford, MA?
There are many reasons why Medford, MA is a great place to live. Some of the top reasons include:
- Proximity to Boston: Medford is just a few miles from Boston, making it a convenient location for those who work in the city.
- Rich history: Medford has a lot of historic landmarks and buildings, making it a great place for history buffs to explore.
- Excellent schools: Medford has a number of excellent schools, making it a great place to raise a family.
Towns Near Medford, MA
If you want to know which towns are near Medford, MA, you have a lot of options to choose from. Some of the most popular nearby towns include:
- Somerville: Somerville is located just south of Medford and is known for its thriving arts scene and diverse restaurants.
- Malden: Malden is located just east of Medford and is known for its suburban feel and variety of parks and outdoor spaces.
- Winchester: Winchester is located just north of Medford and is known for its excellent schools and high-end homes.
Here are some additional points to consider when thinking about purchasing a home in Medford, MA:
- Transportation: Medford is well-connected to the surrounding area by public transportation, with several bus lines and a commuter rail station. It is also located near major highways, including I-93 and Route 16.
- Parks and Recreation: Medford has several parks and outdoor spaces, including the Middlesex Fells Reservation and the Mystic River Reservation. It also has a bike path that connects to neighboring towns.
- Dining and Entertainment: Medford has a variety of dining and entertainment options, including restaurants, bars, and live music venues. It is also located near the Assembly Row shopping and entertainment complex.
- Education: Medford has a strong education system, with several highly-regarded public and private schools. It is also home to Tufts University, a prestigious private university.
Overall, Medford, MA is a great place to live, offering a combination of historic charm and modern amenities. Whether you are looking for a quiet suburban lifestyle or a more urban vibe, Medford has something to offer.